We are OPEN and have made changes to ensure your safety
These changes include:
- We have significantly reduced our schedule to limit the amount of people in the office, and allow time for full cleaning between patients.
- Surfaces are being sterilized with hypochlorous acid, a naturally occurring, nontoxic cleaner that is approved by the EPA for efficacy against COVID-19.
- All frames that are handled by patients or staff are being disinfected prior to being put back on the shelves.
- We are checking the temperature and symptoms of doctors and staff twice a day, and doing the same for our patients at the time of their appointment.
- For the time being, all individuals entering the office are required to have an appointment and to wear a face covering.
- Curbside pick-up will be utilized for the dispensing of glasses and contact lenses.
- Telephone and video appointments will continue to be utilized when appropriate
What does your appointment process look like?
- The scheduling process is unchanged! Please call the office to schedule, or submit an appointment request online.
- In order to limit the amount of time our patients spend in the office, we ask that you fill out any required forms prior to your arrival. Along those same lines, copies of insurance cards or drivers licenses can be texted or emailed to the office.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call or text the office and we will let you know when we are ready for you to enter. Due to the restrictions on scheduling, it is VERY important that you arrive on time. Arriving late for an appointment may force us to need to reschedule.
- If you do not have a mask, one can be provided to you at the time of your appointment.
- Upon entering the office, you will be asked to sanitize your hands and will be taken directly into the pretesting room, where you temperature will be checked and the normal pretesting will be conducted
- In general, only the patient will be allowed in the exam room with the doctor. Only one parent or guardian will be allowed in the exam room if the patient is a minor.
We GREATLY appreciate your support in sticking with us through this shutdown. We understand that many of these changes are not ideal and, like you, we hope that many of these changes will be temporary. We will continue to do what is necessary to ensure that you are getting the absolute best care possible, and look forward to welcoming you back into our office.
Dr. Broady, Dr. Elson, and our wonderful staff.